This policy sets out how Leeds Arts Centre will use and protect any personal information that you give us, either through this website or by becoming a member, and your rights in relation to it.
Leeds Arts Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. By accessing this website, contacting us or joining us, you are consenting to the way that information is collected and used as described in this policy. If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, we will only use it in accordance with this policy.
Leeds Arts Centre reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time by updating this page, without prior notice. You are advised to check this page or our Members’ Newsletter regularly for any amendments. This policy was last updated on 9th March 2019.
What information we collect, and why
Every time you visit our website, your current Internet Protocol (IP) address is registered to allow the pages that you view to be sent to you. This IP address reveals no information about you, and we do not use it to collect any personal data from you.
Accessing this site might require cookies to be placed on your computer, and the ways in which these are used are detailed below.
If you make contact with Leeds Arts Centre, we may collect the following data from you should you request further information from us:
- Name, and
- Contact information including email address or phone number.
We require this data in order to be able to be able to respond to your enquiry, and process it based on legitimate interest.
If your enquiry is about joining Leeds Arts Centre, then on the basis of legitimate interest we will also use this data in order to provide you with details of opportunities to get involved, in particular:
- To send emails for a period of a few months, informing you about upcoming events that you might be interested in attending, and thereafter
- To send emails about our main productions.
If you join Leeds Arts Centre, we will collect the following data from you:
- Contact information including postal address, email address and phone number, along with your preferences for how we use them,
- Eligibility for concessionary membership, and
- Your areas of interest within the group.
We will use this information on the basis of legitimate interest:
- To enable us to manage your membership of Leeds Arts Centre,
- To send a monthly newsletter with details of our activities by email or post, and
- To send regular emails with details of upcoming events that you might be interested in attending.
In addition, and with your consent to allow your details to be shared within Leeds Arts Centre’s membership, we will use the information:
- To enable other members to contact you with opportunities to get involved within the group based on your specified areas of interest.
If you audition for a part in a Leeds Arts Centre production or event, we may additionally collect the following data from you:
- Audition and casting preferences.
We will use this information based on legitimate interest:
- To facilitate the allocation of parts within the casting process.
If you are involved with a Leeds Arts Centre production or event, we may additionally collect the following data from you:
- Biographical information, and
- Photographs of you in the production or event.
We will use this information based on legitimate interest, and where applicable subject to our Photography Policy:
- To share with other members, and
- To publish to the media, on social media, in production programmes or in our website’s production archive.
If you have incurred expenses on Leeds Arts Centre’s behalf, we may additionally collect the following data from you:
- Bank account details.
We will use this information, with your consent:
- To facilitate payment of monies owed.
Leeds Arts Centre is committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and will take reasonable physical, technological and operational precautions to guard against loss and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Please note that transmitting information over the internet, especially via email, is inherently insecure and we can never guarantee the security of data sent in this way.
Controlling your information
We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with third parties without your consent, except:
- Where we are required to do so by law, or
- Where where such third parties are service providers, agents or subcontractors to us for the purposes of managing your Leeds Arts Centre membership or carrying out Leeds Arts Centre activities. We will only disclose the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service, and only when we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for purposes other than that for which it was supplied.
If you are a member of Leeds Arts Centre, we will hold your personal data for as long as you remain part of the group. If you leave us, we will retain details of your membership record indefinitely, and other details for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
If you have never been a member of Leeds Arts Centre, we will hold your data for as long as you wish to remain in contact with us, and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You can ask us to change the way that we use your personal information, or to remove it completely from our systems, at any time:
- By replying to any informational email, asking to be removed from the mailing list,
- By contacting email@example.com, or
- If you are a member of Leeds Arts Centre, by contacting the Membership Secretary. Note that as a member, we must hold certain personal data about you in order to be able to manage your membership.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may offer links to other websites of interest. However, if you follow these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any external sites. We can therefore not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and check the privacy statement of other websites.
A cookie is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser. We use them to help visitors navigate the Leeds Arts Centre website and to understand how the site is used. Due to their core role in enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing certain parts of this site.
Many web browsers allow you to reject cookies, usually through their Internet Options. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Members’ Account Login: Accessing files inside the Members’ Areas of this website will place a cookie on your computer to track the fact that you have logged in. There is no personal data attached to these cookies, so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Emails sent by Leeds Arts Centre contain a unique Message ID which allows us to detect bounced messages and remove defunct email addresses from our mailing lists.
Our emails do not contain any means of tracking whether they have been opened or read by their recipients.